EASYHEAT GFST-1 120V Plug-In Power Connection Kit
EasyHeat’s new GFST-1
kit allows you to create a 120 Volt terminated with plug heating cable similar to the PSR Series
, using their cut-to-length SR Series cables
). It can be made longer than the longest PSR which is the PSR1100
. The GFST-1 will be in stock
within a week.
Line Plug to Heating Cable, Plug Adapter Kit for Easy Heat SR trace 120 Volt Self-Regulating Roof and Gutter or Pipe Heat Trace Cable. The GFST-1 120 volt plug in power connection kit with ground fault circuit protection provides a convenient, integrated solution for Self Regulating cable connection for freeze protection installations of water pipes, refrigeration drain lines and roof / gutter applications.
- Ground fault plug kit
- Splice connection kit for connection to the SR series self regulating cable
- Light power indication
- Provides 30 Ma equipment ground fault protection as required by National electrical code 1993, section 426-53
- UL Listed
- Maximum Circuit Length: Refer to SRTrace literature (Either the Roof and Gutter Specification Sheet For Roof or the Pipe Heating Specification Sheet For Pipe)
- Trip response time for ground fault – Less than 25 mS
- Trip level – 30 mA
- 120 Volts, 15 Amps Max.
- Power on indication – Indicator Light
WARNING: FOLLOW ALL HEATING CABLE INSTRUCTIONS
NOTE: Instructions are a supplement to heating cable connection kit instructions.
1. Position the heating cable with ground braid and ELCI ground lead on the same side. Remove 1.25” (32mm) of the bus wire opposite the live (black) lead of the ELCI from the heating cable, creating an offset for insulated splice connections.
2. Slide one 0.63” (16mm) dia., 9” (229mm) length shrink tube over one heater cable. Slide one 0.5” (13mm) dia., 6” (152mm) length shrink tube over the ELCI cold lead. Crimp the buss wires and lead wires together using insulated splice connectors.
3. Center the 0.5” (13mm) dia., 6” (152mm) length shrink tube over the con¬nectors leaving the ground braid strap and lead exposed. Shrink with heat gun until completely shrunk. A uniform bead of glue should appear around the ends of the shrink tube.
4. Shorten (cut) the ground braid strap on the heating cable so that ground braid strap and ground lead butt at the splice centerline. Tightly twist the ground braid strap. Crimp the ground braid strap to the ground lead using an un-insulated splice connector. Secure connector at the indented area with one and a half wraps of fiberglass tape (not included in kit)
5. Center the 0.63” (16mm) dia., 9” (229mm) length shrink tube over the splice. Shrink with heat gun until completely shrunk. A uniform bead of glue should appear around the ends of the shrink tube.