In July we will start shipping the best inexpensive baseboard heater on the market. The new LC Convector is an addition to the already successful Dimplex baseboard heater business and is an engineering masterpiece and game changer:
Starting sometime in June you can place your pre-order here: http://www.morelectricheating.com/products/BASEBOARD HEATERS/LC SERIES.aspx
It is up to 42 percent shorter than conventional baseboard heaters. It features a top discharge to transfer heated air to the room faster. A unique shark-fin blade shape of its heating element fins improves heat transfer and accelerates heated air into the room. This configuration also creates a laminar flow effect that reduces heat loss through the outside wall up to 10 percent, providing energy savings to the end user. It comes in a range of sizes (500-2,500 W).
The heater is available in 7 sizes in 5 inch increments from 20 inches up to 5 feet long. Yes, you read correctly, the 2,500 watt heater is only 5 feet long. They have shrunk the heaters down and maintained the same price point as standard inexpensive baseboard heaters such as their own Dimplex/Electromode BN series, Qmark 2500 series, Marley Fahrenheit F2500 series, King Electric K Series, Cadet F Series, etc.
• Faster heating of the room than a conventional baseboard due to rapid vertical laminar air flow, directing heat to the ceiling, speeding dispersal of warm air into the center of the room
• Improved performance and reduced length through use of top heat discharge and new shark-fin blade design on a steel tubular element for improved heat transfer and longer life
• Discreet styling, reduced length and added versatility of placement provide more options when designing a room
• May be used with wall or top mounted built-in thermostat (not included)
• Full length automatic overheat reset for safety
• All residential applications, commercial offices, lobbies, washrooms